With making any home repairs, you need to calculate the cost of trying to do it yourself versus the cost of hiring a professional. Some things are easy – a trip down to the hardware store and a quick Internet search can give you answers to most small household problems. But when expensive equipment is involved – like with your HVAC system – your time and money may be better spent calling in a pro. So, to save you a little more time, here are some examples of when to call in the HVAC experts.
1. It’s Been A Long Time Since A Professional Checked It
2. Things Aren’t Running
- Check The Thermostat—It could be on the wrong setting (heat vs. cool) or even set at the wrong temperature, which won’t allow it to turn on until there is a difference between the thermostat setting and the actual indoor temperature.
- Check The Circuit Breakers/Fuse Box—Taking a look at the breakers and switches can save you some time and money on a service visit if it’s just a simple flip of the lever. No need to bring in a technician for that, but if there is an electrical issue, you would need to hire a pro anyway. It’s not likely to go away on its own and can be a safety concern if you notice power issues continue to happen in your home.
3. Your Bills Are Higher Than Normal
4. You Notice Weird Noises Or Leaks
If you think your HVAC isn’t running to its optimal potential, the team of professionals at StayComfyMN.com want to help you find a solution and get your system to where it needs to be to keep you comfortable.